- Makoto is popularized as the "pretty-boy idol" within 765 Production, and has accumulated more female than male fans because of this. She was already rather popular among her fellow students at the all-girls school she attends, and her current work as an idol does not make the situation any easier for her. While not ungrateful of her popularity, underneath her gruff, boyish exterior Makoto is actually an honest, loyal girl who is not afraid of anything and wishes to make herself more feminine but most of the time she is a boyish exterior and a very lonely girl and likes to be alone Therefore, unbeknownst to her father she decided to become an idol in order to find a way to a new, more feminine presence for herself and to show others that she can have a girly side as well.
Makoto has short black hair and dark brown eyes. She wears a short black tank-top underneath a gray jump-suit with red vertical stripes and blue sweat pants. Her alternative outfit is red shirt with a race car logo underneath a gray mini-sweater with vertical black lines and blue pants.
- In The iDOLM@STER 26, Makoto grows her hair and parts her bangs in the middle.
- Voiced by: Hiromi Hirata
- Age: 17
- Height: 159cm
- Weight: 44kg
- Birthday: August 29
- Blood Type: O
- BWH: 75-57-78
- Likes: Sports and plushies.
- Image Color: Black
- Image Songs: "Agent Yoru wo Yuku", "Meisou Mind", "Jitensha" and "tear"
- Personal Songs: "Agent Yoru wo Yuku", "Meisou Mind" and "Massugu" (shared with Azusa)
Makoto was raised by her father. Makoto looks like a boy because of her father wishing to have a boy and many school girls and house wives like/have a crush on her. She joins 765 production because she wants to be more feminine. Her mom died trying to protect Makoto and her little sister from thugs who broke into her house when she was only 7. Her dad was working at that time. Sadly her mom and little sister were shot. Makoto was the only survivor in that house. She also suffer from claustrophobia because of a childhood memory of being trapped in an elevator. Her only family is her dad.
In the anime Makoto appears to be talented in martial arts when she is able to take on several body guards a and also a good athlete. She is a very good free runner, she can do back flips and front flips and can climb on anything like a monkey. Makoto is very good at drawing, most of the time drawing in her drawing book. She could play guitar , piano , and the drums. She is very good at reading people just by looking at them.